Saturday, December 6, 2008

Health Insurance Update

My health insurance was cancelled on November 25th with no warning or explanation. After many many phone calls and emails the insurance company and my former employer finally corrected the severe mistake that had happen.

For now, I've been able to find out that it seems my former employer did not pay the group health insurance on time and they cancelled the whole group without thinking this could kill someone. It really had the potential to cause death and many terrible injuries. This is far from over. My health insurance coverage was corrected in the late afternoon of December 3rd, 2008. NINE DAYS LATER!

I have received (too many to count at this time) phone calls and emails from friends, healthcare organiztions, advocacy groups from New York, Washington, D.C., Sacramento, San Francisco and from all over southern California.

I will continue to blog about this situation as the "investigation" continues to unfold.

P.S. I am completly disabled and my premiums are not paid by my former employer but are my responsibility through the federal COBRA laws. This should not have ever happened.



May God bless you and God bless America,

David Hines
Patient advocate and
Peripheral Neuropathy, CIDP, Idiopathic progressive polyneuropathy,
Painful Diabetic neuropathy (sensory and motor)
and Disturbance of the skin sensation (its really a diagnosis!) patient.

No comments: