Saturday, December 6, 2008

Today's update on the health insurance fiasco

I received mail today from Pacific Care my so-called health insurance company. It was a notice of non-eligibility for services I received on November 14, 2008.

I received my twice monthly IVIg infusion that day in which is always pre-approved by my insurance company. So, what has changed suddenly? NOTHING except the incompetence of this company!

I have been fully covered with this health insurance company since 2006 when I was a full time employee of McLaughlin Engineering and Mining company out of Temecula, California. I was forced into the disability world at the end of January 2007. I was on family leave until June of '07 at which time I went on Federal COBRA which I'm still on.

I am responsible for my own premiums and I am paid up till the end of this year. This is a huge mistake that needs to be fixed. I hope to get some help from various advocacy organizations and possibly legal action this coming week.

Stay tuned,
David

No comments: